“It’s rewarding – to be part of such a large community group and to see the smiles on the kids faces when the Walker arrives. You can’t find anything better” – Alan, Booking Clerk
The Yarra Valley Railway is run solely by Volunteers. At Healesville Station, the Station Staff are the first point of contact for the many tourists and visitors to the YVR. Providing trip information, history of the Railway, and selling tickets and souvenirs are just part of the role of Station Staff.
“Officer-in-Charge is a leadership position with customer interaction. I love that every day at the railway is different and I get to work with a wonderful team. It is great to be part of the Railway’s growth” – Rachael, Officer-in-Charge
“I feel so fortunate to be able to volunteer for such a valuable and community minded organisation. The excitement on the kids faces when they see the Railmotor, or familiar smiles from passionate locals makes it so worth it. It’s an honour to volunteer at such an historic site and great to see history preserved for the community” – Thomas, Booking Clerk
The YVR is now recruiting for the volunteer positions of Station Attendees. Key duties include:
- Overseeing running day operations
- Provide customer service
- Meet and greet all visitors to the Yarra Valley Railway
- Provide information on the Railway including Walker Railmotor operations, ticket prices, trip times and history of the Railway
- Selling tickets and souvenirs, which will include use of ticket booking software and EFTPOS machine
- Monitoring ticket sales to ensure each train trip does not exceed capacity and advising visitors of when the next available trip will depart
- Light cleaning as required
Full training provided will be provided and no experience is necessary!
To apply for the Station Staff positions – please complete the form on the Volunteer Page, and comment that you are interested in being Station Staff and any experience you may have.