Is your Organization looking to give back to the community?
- Building restoration works such as painting, light construction activities, spring-cleaning, fencing construction, replacing posters and signage
- Carriage and wagon restoration works such as woodwork, sanding, painting, installation of fixtures
- Sorting reclaimed materials for use during the mainline reconstruction
- Civil and track works
- Lineside clearing
- Gardening, weed removal, mowing
- Mechanical maintenance of vehicles and equipment
- Volunteer opportunities also exist in areas such as administration and IT
With a restoration project as large as the one being undertaken by the YVR, there are many small wins which go unnoticed compared to the larger project milestones. This Special Clickety Clack Blog article follows one of these small wins, which involved Volunteers from four organisations working together across multiple locations and over the course of several weeks.
Please contact me about the Yarra Valley Railway’s Corporate Volunteering Program.